The Homelessness Reduction Act (HRA-17) came into force in April 2018.
HRA-17 will modify and extend existing homelessness protection by:
- improving advice and information about homelessness and the prevention
- extening of the period ‘threatened with homelessness’ from 28 days to 56 days, or if they have been served a valid section 21 notice that expires in 56 days or less.
- introducing new duties to prevent and relieve homelessness for all eligible
people, regardless of priority need and intentionality.
- introducing assessments and personalised housing plans, setting out the
actions housing authorities and individuals will take to secure
- encouraging public bodies to work together to prevent and relieve
homelessness through a duty to refer.
This overview has been adapted from Homeless.org.uk